MSSC is hosting a representative from The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center for an info session on Thursday, November 17 at noon in MSSC 104 to discuss careers in community organizing with individuals interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/gw
More info about the positions:
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Education reform in low-performing public schools
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start January 9, 2017 in Charleston, SC, Topeka, KS, Lawrence, KS and Tampa, FL.
Positions start August 14, 2017 in Richmond, VA, Louisville, KY, Daytona Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and St. Petersburg, FL.
Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits.
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
To find out more about DART or to apply, we encourage you to visit www.thedartcenter.org. Still have questions? Contact Hannah Wittmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 841-0353.